Sleep Data is one of San Diego’s premiere healthcare companies. We specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA), among other sleep disordered breathing conditions.
We’ve recently experienced enormous growth going from less than 30 to over 100 team members in just the past 4 years, while becoming the leading provider of comprehensive sleep apnea care in the San Diego region.
Sleep Data moved into a new state of the art office in February 2017 in Kearny Mesa, and we’re seeking enthusiastic individuals who thrive in a dynamic, team oriented environment to join us.
We were named to the San Diego Business Journal’s 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies list in 2017.
We are currently searching for an energetic Client Service Representative. Sleep Data is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Responsible for collecting patient information and initiating the patient life cycle. The expectation of this position is to provide a first class service experience, with every patient and/or physician interaction.
- Pulls faxes in a timely manner: Separates, batches and enters medical documentation into the Brightree computer system
- Acts as the main point of contact for the Primary Care Physician’s office
- Contacts physician offices for Certificate of Medical Necessity (CMN), referrals and qualifiers for sleep studies as necessary
- Explains diagnosis to patients and provides general information on Sleep Data services and products
- Schedules home sleep studies, maintains Diagnostic’s department appointments
- Schedules and maintains RT / Sleep Care Specialists appointments for offsite home visitation as needed
- Identifies patient urgency and routes to appropriate staff
- Facilitates walk-ins and/or patient overflow appointments to maximize RT appointments and minimizes wait times
- Ensures same day patient authorizations are completed
- Schedules CPAP classes for VA and manages classroom schedule
- Facilitates non-contracted Patient return of devices i.e. contacting Patient and scheduling
- Creates orders as necessary
- Checks benefits for patients and explains financial information as necessary
- Processes patient payments and copays
- Scans and downloads patient information into Brightree computer system
- Faxes benefit and patient information to appropriate doctor’s offices
- Must be knowledgeable in Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- Responsible for keeping all patient charts and information orderly, confidential, current and HIPAA compliant at all times
- Serves as a liaison between patient and other members of the healthcare team, as required
- Backs up the Receptionist and performs related job duties as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Strong commitment to patient care, friendly, helpful and caring nature is required. Strong level of product knowledge is required.
Education and/or Experience
HS degree or equivalent required. 2-3 years experience in customer service, administration or reception required. Experience in the health care industry preferred.
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to interface with patients in a polite and professional manner, as well as all levels of the organization from employees to top-level management. Ability to speak clearly and concisely, and the ability to respond to irate callers in a calm and polite manner. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, contracts, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, and the general public. Must be able to communicate clearly and accurately in the English language. Fluent Spanish speaker a strong plus.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision and ability to problem solve and to find solutions quickly and calmly under pressure. Strong ability to multi task and prioritize. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions and situations furnished in written, oral, diagram, or
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position generally involves sitting, frequent walking, frequent standing, ability to lift 20 pounds from a squatting to standing position, frequent bending and reaching, occasional kneeling, twisting, balancing and climbing, keyboard, Telephone operation and ability to communicate verbally with customers is required. Operation of medical equipment as well as office machinery and equipment is required. This position is required to drive on an occasional basis and pack, carry and deliver medical equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
The work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The duties and responsibilities are generally performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Check out a few pics from our recent Summer Event at the Bahia Resort in Mission Beach.