driver o2 delivery technician
The O2 Delivery Technician makes accurate and timely deliveries of all O2 and items to patients’ homes, hospitals and long term care facilities. Responsible for driving and delivering respiratory and other equipment and providing service to a patient in their home or other medical facilities as needed. The expectation of this position is to provide a first class patient experience, with every patient interaction.
- Compiles ordered supplies, HME and oxygen on a daily basis according to orders.
- Delivers and picks-up equipment and/or supplies to Sleep Data, patients' homes or facilities as necessary.
- Completes appropriate home safety evaluations and patient/caregiver education related to ordered equipment and supplies.
- Takes calls per On-Call schedule, including answering any message within 15 minutes. Responds physically to after hour’s service requests within the assigned service area within 2 hours.
- Works with a licensed Respiratory Therapist to ensure patients are set up correctly.
- Performs equipment set-up, orientation, and demonstration of the safe operation and use of HME.
- Obtains all related documentation, patient education materials and other required paperwork for the delivery prior to leaving the worksite.
- Organizes delivery routes to maximize cost-effective and timely deliveries to meet the therapy and patient schedules.
- Calls patients/caregivers to schedule deliveries prior to leaving the worksite.
- Informs patients/caregivers if the agreed upon time frame cannot be met.
- Ensures the patient/caregiver adequately understands and can safely use the equipment delivered before leaving the patient’s home.
- Responsible for reading patient history and notes, and ensures patients are followed throughout their services with Sleep Data.
- Makes patient notes in files and Brightree system as required by company policy and current health care standards.
- Provides consistently excellent customer service and patient coaching to improve adherence to therapies, and to promote Sleep Data as a world class health care organization.
- Serves as an advocate for the patient and acts as a liaison with other members of the healthcare team, as required.
- Accurately enters and creates patient orders in the Brightree computer system.
- Responsible for keeping all patient charts and information orderly, confidential, current and HIPAA compliant at all times.
- Promotes Sleep Data’s products and/or services to patients, healthcare organizations, businesses and general public.
- Must be knowledgeable in Patient Rights and Responsibilities.
- Returns all required documentation for each delivery at the end of each day with a completed route sheet.
- Picks up discontinued equipment and places in the “dirty area” of the vehicle after bagging and tagging the equipment dirty.
- Maintains vehicle in accordance to all company policies and procedures.
- Manages and tracks inventory and supplies checked out on a daily basis.
- Other duties include but not limited to, assisting with warehouse duties such as maintaining inventories, shipping, receiving, placing orders, cleaning equipment and facility maintenance.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or equivalency and 1-3 years experience as a delivery driver, CNA, MA, work in a DME company or related health care position. Must be able to speak and read English fluently. Bilingual Spanish a strong plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid driver's license with a clean driving record and adequate level of insurance is required. Must be detail oriented, organized and neat in person and habits.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is required to safely drive and navigate roadways and highways on a daily basis.Able to lift 50 pounds from a squatting to standing position. Able to bend, kneel, and move boxes and equipment up to 50 pounds. The position generally involves sitting, frequent walking, frequent standing, frequent bending and reaching, occasional kneeling, twisting, balancing and climbing, keyboard, telephone operation and operation of office machinery and equipment. The incumbent will be required to work nights, weekends, overtime and on call as needed. This position is full time and includes a comprehensive benefit package