Sleep Data is one of San Diego’s premiere healthcare companies. We specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA), among other sleep disordered breathing conditions.
We’ve recently experienced enormous growth going from less than 30 to over 100 team members in just the past 4 years, while becoming the leading provider of comprehensive sleep apnea care in the San Diego region.
Sleep Data moved into a new state of the art office in February 2017 in Kearny Mesa, and we’re seeking enthusiastic individuals who thrive in a dynamic, team oriented environment to join us.
We were named to the San Diego Business Journal’s 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies list in 2017.
We are currently searching for an energetic Respiratory Therapist 1 – Bilingual Spanish/English. Sleep Data is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
This is an entry level RT position within the company. The Respiratory Therapist 1 sets up and demonstrates required medical and testing equipment to patients. Responsible for delivering respiratory and other equipment and providing service to a patient in their home or other medical facilities as needed. The RT 1 provides patient support including but is not limited to coaching, education, information and Respiratory Assessments on all patients in an office, home or medical environment, utilizing both face to face encounters and telephone communications. The expectation of this position is to provide a first class patient experience, with every patient interaction.
- Meets one on one with patients or in small groups to explain and demonstrate CPAP and other equipment set ups and troubleshoots issues regarding patient’s therapy and adherence to therapy.
- Answers inbound phone calls and makes outbound to phone calls to patients and general public as needed and within the standards set by the department manager.
- Provides general information and education to patients regarding Sleep Apnea, CPAP, O2 and Sleep Data’s products and services, and other issues related to their care.
- Takes calls per On-Call schedule, including answering any message within 15 minutes. Responds physically to after hour’s service requests within the assigned service area within 2 hours.
- Responsible for reading patient history and notes, and ensures patients are followed throughout their services with Sleep Data.
- Reviews patient files, both electronic and hard copy for accuracy and as necessary for patient care per current policy and procedures.
- Makes patient notes in files and Brightree system as required by company policy and current health care standards.
- Acts as a resource (identify problems and provide solutions, implementing procedures, as needed) for all respiratory and other HME equipment (indications, operation, maintenance, etc.) currently supplied by the company, as appropriate, for both patients and staff.
- Serves as an advocate for the patient and acts as a liaison with other members of the healthcare team, as required.
- Instructs patients, caregivers, physicians and physician’s staff on the proper use of respiratory equipment, necessary cleaning requirements and home safety issues during initial set-up and at any additional follow-up calls.
- Follows and maintains state laws requiring appropriate licensure for Respiratory Therapist or Sleep Care Specialist (HMDR exemptee when appropriate).
- Assists with walk in and overflow patients.
- Performs home sleep and oximetry tests, when required.
- Cleans, checks and maintains medical equipment.
- Keeps vehicle clean, fueled and maintained.
- Occasional travel to and working in the satellite offices may be required.
- Responsible for keeping all patient charts and information orderly, confidential, current and HIPAA compliant at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
RRT, CRT or eligible and meeting the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) and state licensing requirements (RCP). Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record. Must be able to communicate clearly and accurately in both the Spanish and English languages. Must be detail oriented, organized and neat in person and habits. Previous work in Respiratory Therapy is a plus, but not required. The position generally involves sitting, frequent walking, frequent standing, ability to lift 40 pounds from a squatting to standing position, frequent bending and reaching, occasional kneeling, twisting, balancing and climbing, keyboard, telephone operation and operation of medical equipment as well as office machinery and equipment. This position is required to drive on a daily basis and pack, carry and deliver medical equipment weighing up to 40 pounds. This position is full time with a robust benefit package and a shift differential for on-call work.
Check out a few pics from our recent Summer Event at the Bahia Resort in Mission Beach.