This is an entry level RT position within the company. The O2 Delivery Technician confirms prescriptions and related documentation, compiles ordered supplies, HME and oxygen and makes accurate and timely deliveries of all items to patients’ homes, hospitals and long term care facilities. Responsible for delivering respiratory and other equipment and providing service to a patient in their home or other medical facilities as needed. This includes but is not limited to coaching, education, information and Respiratory Assessments on all patients in an office, home or medical environment, utilizing both face to face encounters and telephone communications. The expectation of this position is to provide a first class patient experience, with every patient interaction.
- Delivers and picks-up equipment and/or supplies to Sleep Data, patients' homes or facilities as necessary.
- Completes appropriate home safety evaluations and patient/caregiver education related to ordered equipment and supplies.
- Takes calls per On-Call schedule, including answering any message within 15 minutes. Responds physically to after hour’s service requests within the assigned service area within 2 hours.
- Reviews doctor’s orders, patient charts and sets up equipment according to the prescription.
- Titrates oxygen equipment per physician’s orders to prescribed SaO2 levels.
- Performs equipment set-up, orientation, and demonstration of the safe operation and use of HME.
- Obtains all related documentation, patient education materials and other required paperwork for the delivery prior to leaving the worksite.
- Organizes delivery routes to maximize cost-effective and timely deliveries to meet the therapy and patient schedules.
- Calls patients/caregivers to schedule deliveries prior to leaving the worksite.
- Informs patients/caregivers if the agreed upon timeframe cannot be met.
- Ensures the patient/caregiver adequately understands and can safely use the equipment delivered before leaving the patient’s home.
- Responsible for reading patient history and notes, and ensures patients are followed throughout their services with Sleep Data.
- Makes patient notes in files and Brightree system as required by company policy and current health care standards.
- Serves as an advocate for the patient and acts as a liaison with other members of the healthcare team, as required.
- Accurately enters and creates patient orders in the Brightree computer system.
- Responsible for keeping all patient charts and information orderly, confidential, current and HIPAA compliant at all times.
- Promotes Sleep Data’s products and/or services to patients, healthcare organizations, businesses and general public.
- Must be knowledgeable in Patient Rights and Responsibilities.
- Returns all required documentation for each delivery at the end of each day with a completed route sheet.
- Picks up discontinued equipment and places in the “dirty area” of the vehicle after bagging and tagging the equipment dirty.
- Maintains vehicle in accordance to all company policies and procedures.
- Manages and tracks inventory and supplies checked out on a daily basis.
- Other duties include but not limited to, assisting with warehouse duties such as maintaining inventories, shipping, receiving, placing orders, cleaning equipment and facility maintenance.
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to interface with patients in a polite and professional manner, as well as all levels of the organization from employees to top-level management. Must be able to communicate clearly and accurately in both the Spanish and English language.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
RRT, CRT or eligible and meeting the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) and state licensing requirements (RCP) is required. Valid driver's license with a clean driving record and adequate level of insurance is required. Experience with O2 set ups helpful, but not required.
This position is required to safely drive and navigate roadways and highways on a daily basis. Able to lift 50 pounds from a squatting to standing position. Able to bend, kneel, and move boxes and equipment up to 50 pounds. Will be required to work overtime and on
call as needed.
The duties and responsibilities are generally performed on the road, in patient’s homes, hospitals or clinics. This position is full time with a robust benefit package and a shift differential for on-call work.